Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Cherie's outfits

  1. #1
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Quite a whiles back on this board we had a topic about Cherie's various outfits -Gus may remember- which I enjoyed very much, and seeing those dolls I thought I'd repone it.
    So which outfit do you think is the most attractive, or sexiest if you will?
    (I know Cherie would look great in a potato sack but some suit more than others.)
    A lot of people would assume the corset and fishnets but I fancy the silver suit(s) and cowboy outfit would figure strongly.
    Then there is the outfit on the cover of Beauty's Only which was promoted as her 'new costume' but, as far as I know, was only worn for that shoot and never on stage.
    I don't think black is her best 'colour' unless there is lots of flesh showing to contrast.
    She has worn white jumpsuits, black ones, brown ones, and the red mobil one.
    There was the outfit worn briefly like a french maids' with shorts that she later gave to Lita.
    There was the red lurex ultra glam outfit in Rosebud Hotel film.
    Then quite recently the red corset at ...somewhere I can't remember at the moment (not worn with fishnets.)
    The costume she wore to duet with Joan I thought pandered to the 'Blackheart' image whereas I'd rather she'd worn something more to stand out from that look, like the floral bratop and blue jeans she wore once in a shoot.
    So what's your top look? This is not really meant to be a sexist subject, but an aesthetic, designer one.
    I sometimes think my favourite is the Tom Sawyerr (or is it Huckleberry Finn) type outfit she wore at the beginning of Foxes. But she looked wonderful in a blue cardigan type top in Wavelength.
    I know it is hard. Any strong opinions?

    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I forgot the red and blue matching winnie the pooh jumpsuit...
    the sparkly vest under the kimono...
    no doubt many others
    [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

  3. #3
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Hello knightjewel!
    Yes indeed I remember that interesting topic of discussion taking place a while ago. You sure have a wonderful way of describing Cherie's attire which is always unique and wonderful IMO, but like you say she'd look great in a potato sack! LOL! It's so so true! I just love everything on her and her in everything without a doubt!
    That silvery Runaways outfit is one of my all time favorites and I'll agree with you about the Huck Finnish ensemble too, especially with that "olympic goof" t-shirt! Sooooo cool!
    All I really know is I love the lady's style. Always have! Always will!
    Her fan,
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

    <font color="#007FFF" size="1">[ October 30, 2004 02:37 AM: Message edited by: gus danger ]</font>

  4. #4
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Wink

    GOSHHHHHHHHH I must say, i frefer he'r in that little corset thing................. [img]redface.gif[/img]

  5. #5
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    I kinda like her outdoors look with khaki pants and a white top like her pic on her Chainsaw chick link. Farmboys like the "girl next door" look. Besides, she's got a cute butt and it enhances it. Can I say that on here ? Anyay, she looks like the chick a nice guy would bust his tail to get home in time for dinner. And don't put your boots on her end tables when ya get home. Sheesh, her home is as spotless as my mother's. Last time I walked in her place with dirt on my boots, it was all over but the cryin'. I still ain't heard the end of it.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Wink

    Hi Gus! It is interesting with the silver outfit(s) how long she went on wearing it/them. We know she wore one for the Japan tour with Marie, but I have a rare photo of her in the silver suit with some Magnum-look-alike guitar player in the back ground.It must be from her solo period which is rather obscure apart from one or two audio tapes.
    (Didn't anyone have film cameras in 1977/78?)
    Hi Ronnica! Part of the corset ensemble that never gets a mention is those lovely wooden wedge shoes with the black straps.Anybody out there got them?
    On reflection,I think white is her best 'colour'.
    There was the lovely white top with the puffed sleeves she wore with Texas Terri, the white bustier with Street Walkin Cheetahs, and best of all, the sheer white **** tube and white satin trousers on the Japan Tour with Marie. (Jumped a decade or so there :-) )
    I think mention must be made of the suit worn in the Dose, the blue 'spacesuit' Marie made with one leg cut away a La Bowie and one leg in suspenders. Wonderful! (Its in the Spinal Tap BOOK).
    Overall,despite the above, I think the costume worn on the cover of Beauty's Only deserves to win.(Especially if you see some of the other pics from that shoot.)
    Shame she never performed in it (as far as I know).

  7. #7
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Oh God yes knightjewel! 'The Dose' garb is definitely one of the best. I did not know that Marie had made that outfit.
    Another big Atta-Girl for that way cool lady! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

    Have you seen the picture of Cherie, Joan and Sandy together? It's in Cherie's 2003 CCalendar and is available at her web store. I love how she looks in that little white dress! I think I agree with you about her best color being white! On the other hand you just can't beat those torn bluejean photos from 2000! White tops and blue bottoms maybe?!?!
    Yeah, that's the ticket! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

    I'd like to see that outfit from her Texas Terri gig.
    Puffed sleeves, eh? Yeah, that would work!! White corset, red corset, the beauty outfit, the potato sack...it doesn't matter!
    She's got the look! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]
    One things for sure, whatever she wears, she wears it well!!!
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  8. #8
    Inactive Member knightjewel's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 11th, 2000
    Posts
    181
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Texas Terri top was in photos somewhere on this site, I believe; perhaps the sleeves weren't exactly 'puffed'; flounced? I don't know the exact sartorial term -they were widened.
    Yes, I know the photo of C, JJ and Sandy you mean and Cherie does look simply beautiful in that dress.
    I have a photo of Cherie singing in that one-legged blue suit on a stage without the fishnet -so it looks as if it was in her repertoire and Marie made it for her for that and not strictly for the film. She wore it again a few years back in that mag where she posed as Bowie.
    She did wear a white t-shirt and blue jeans in the early days when she ended up playing dead on stage ( I guess the fake blood washed out).
    A lot of the 'native indian' waistcoats and earrings she favours recently are also a very attractive look...

  9. #9
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Yo knightjewel,
    I agree wholeheartedly about the native indian garb! Some very classy aticles of apparel there. I love the long fringed jacket Cherie wears on my poster! I'll bet that wasn't cheap! She looks like a million bucks in it, that's for sure!

    Another one of my favorite Cherie looks is on the cover of the 'Cherie Currie And Friends Unplugged In Hollywood' CD and in those famous painted motorcycle photos. I know, again with the blue jeans!!! What can I say? I just love seeing the lady in blue jeans! And that strapped blouse looks totally awesome on her too! And of coarse the cowgirl hat and boots are a way cool compliment to the rest of that CCool outfit!

    More later,
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  10. #10
    4Jettheads
    Guest 4Jettheads's Avatar

    Post

    And I'm still trying to figure out how the be-dickens she got up that phone pole in high heels. I asked a chick to try it. She looked at me like I needed a quiet padded-wall room with basket weaving. This is important. I gotta know this stuff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic